Cochlear Implant Number 2?

I have been considering getting another CI in my left ear so I would be bilateral. I decided to delay my decision to next year. I am 7 years older now and slower to make these decisions. There are risks with any surgery but I trust my surgeon and I know I’m in good health. I was waiting to see if insurance would pay for an upgrade to the Nucleus Freedom processor but learned today it will not because of my Medicare. Alas. So in 2009, I will make new decisions. For now I’m enjoying all the sounds and each day.

Someone sent me a great site today to add to my website. You can learn ASL online at no cost! Books and everything online. Check it out at Even if you know some ASL, it will con


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s