Cochlear Implant Number 2?

I have been considering getting another CI in my left ear so I would be bilateral. I decided to delay my decision to next year. I am 7 years older now and slower to make these decisions. There are risks with any surgery but I trust my surgeon and I know I’m in good health. I was waiting to see if insurance would pay for an upgrade to the Nucleus Freedom processor but learned today it will not because of my Medicare. Alas. So in 2009, I will make new decisions. For now I’m enjoying all the sounds and each day.

Someone sent me a great site today to add to my website. You can learn ASL online at no cost! Books and everything online. Check it out at Even if you know some ASL, it will con

Hello world!

Welcome to I just signed up for WordPress via linkedin. Here I will post updates on my book, Day by Day, The Chronicles of a Hard of Hearing Reporter, published by Gallaudet University Press in June 2008 and other things happening.

Be well!